Hydrotherapy is a form of therapeutic exercise conducted in warm water under the supervision of a physiotherapist. Hydrotherapy, or aquatic physiotherapy, utilises the properties of water to assist in reducing pain and improving function. One of the major beneﬁts of hydrotherapy is that therapeutic exercise occurs in an environment that reduces the load on weight-bearing joints.
Allsports Physiotherapy provides both group and individual hydrotherapy sessions.
The aims of hydrotherapy are:
- Reduce pain
- Improve range of motion and overall mobility (OR JUST improve mobility)
- Improve muscular strength
- Promote muscle relaxation
- Improve balance and co-ordination
- Re-education of functional activities
- Increase cardiovascular fitness
- Improve well-being and overall health
- Enjoy exercising in a different environment