Justin is a Senior Physiotherapist at our Geelong clinic, Corio Bay Sports Medicine Centre. He is highly experienced in the diagnosis and management of sporting injuries of the hip, knee, ankle and shoulder especially in the adolescent population. He has been the Medical Co-ordinator/Senior Physiotherapist with the Geelong Falcons (TAC/NAB Cup) since 2006 and also the Medical Co-ordinator for the Barwon Sports Academy since 2013. Justin worked with the English Athletics Team at the 2018 Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast as well as at the Nitro Athletics event where Usain Bolt and Asafa Powell competed in Melbourne in 2017.
Justin is also a Credentialed McKenzie Therapist and uses the internationally recognised McKenzie Method to assess and treat spinal, referred and extremity pain. The McKenzie Method has a strong research evidence base and has an exercise focused methodology which enhances long term self management of complex spinal conditions.
- Clinical Interests include:
- Adolescent Injuries
- Sports Injuries of the hip/knee/ankle and shoulders
- Hip and groin pain
- McKenzie Therapy (Mechanical Diagnosis & Therapy for Spinal and referred pain)
- Management of the Osteo-arthritic knee and hip
- Dry Needling
- Clinical Pilates & Physio Directed Exercise
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy, LaTrobe University 2001
- Credentialed McKenzie Therapist 2007
- Member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association
Justin is a proud father of 4 girls and enjoys golf in his spare time.