Qualifications & Associations
- Bachelor of Science – Occupational Therapy | University of the Western Cape | 2017
- Certification in Advanced Medical Lymphatic Drainage | Lymphoedema Training Academy, UK | 2021
- Certification in Oncology Rehabilitation, Pinc & Steel, NZ | 2021
- Member HPCSA | Health Professions Council of South Africa
- Member OTASA | Occupational Therapy Association of South Africa
- Member LAOSA | Lymphoedema Association of South Africa
Experience & Professional Development
Jana is an extremely passionate occupational therapist with 4 years’ experience in hand therapy, vocational rehabilitation, advanced management of lymphoedema, oncology rehabilitation and splinting.
Certification in advanced lymphoedema management (LTA) | 2021
Certification in oncology rehabilitation (pinc & steel) | 2021
About Jana van der Merwe
My approach to care: I believe in implementing a holistic and patient centred approach to get people back to doing what is important to them.
In my free time I enjoy spending time with family and friends. I am passionate about music and play a few instruments.