- Masters of Occupational Therapy | Curtin University | 2016
- Graduate Diploma in Exercise Rehabilitation | University of Western Australia | 2012
- Bachelor of Health Science | University of Western Australia | 2011
- Accredited Hand Therapist for Epworth Hospital
- Accredited Hand Therapist for Cabrini Hospital, Malvern
- Member Australian Hand Therapy Association
Claire has a special interest and expertise in treating:
- Post-surgical rehabilitation for any condition in the finger, thumb, hand and wrist
- Wrist pain and injuries
- Sporting injuries
- De Quervains Tenosynovitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dupytrens Contracture
- Waterproof casting
“I had CTR surgery and began hand therapy with Claire Robinson. From the beginning I found each session to be conducted in a friendly, professional and systematic way.
I am very happy with the treatment I have received and the administrative system in place at Melbourne Hand Rehab.”
– JOHN S
Experience & Professional Development
Claire worked at Eastern Health for 2.5 years as an Occupational Therapist and undertook an 8 month hand therapy rotation on the grade 1 program. She has also worked as an Exercise Physiologist in Perth, WA.
- Melbourne Hand Rehab – Hand Therapist – January 2019
- AHTA Fracture Course – 2022
- AHTA Advanced Open Trauma Course – 2021
- Australian Department of Health, Infection Control Training – COVID 19 – March 2020
- AHTA Elbow Course – 2020
- AHTA Fundamentals of Hand Therapy Course – 2019
- Anatomy workshop at AHTA Conference – 2018
- Regular attendance AHTA VIC SIG meetings
About Claire Robinson
My approach to care: I am determined to treat each patient individually and tailor their individualized programs to suit their needs and wants. I love working with clients of all ages, to improve their function via a range of means including exercise prescription, heat modalities, soft tissue release, splinting for rest and splinting for exercise.
I have a keen interest in post-operative patient management, including management of wounds, scarring and rehabilitation/exercise prescription based off clinical protocols and surgeons guidelines.
I am originally from Perth and moved to Melbourne in 2016. My weekends involve going for long walks, eating out for brunch, drinking hot chocolate and supporting my favourite team, the Fremantle Dockers.