Simon Gellie is a highly skilled and experienced exercise physiologist. He has completed a Bachelor of Science Degree, Grad. Dip. in Exercise and Sports Science, a Grad. Cert. in OHS and Ergonomics and a Dip. in Remedial Massage. Simon has a wide range of experience, having worked in the areas of sports medicine, medical clinics, sporting organisations and community health.
This includes eight years experience working with Steve Sandor at Ashwood Sports Medicine Centre. Simon specialises in:
• Rehabilitation and prevention of musculoskeletal pain and injuries
• Sports strength training and conditioning
• Improving health, restoring function and prevention and management of chronic diseases.
Every client undergoes a comprehensive assessment and an individualised exercise program is designed to meet their needs.
Prevention and Rehabilitation of Musculoskeletal Pain and Injury
You must correct the underlying causes of pain and injury to achieve long-lasting results, not simply treat the pain…. And if you fail to do this, pain will often return. Simon has achieved outstanding results with many clients suffering from pain and injury, including:
• back pain, sciatica, neck pain, headaches, hip, knee and shoulder pain
• arthritis, osteoporosis, joint replacements, postural problems
• pre/ post-surgery, workplace injuries and pelvic floor weakness.
Exercise programs are designed to improve posture, core stability, functional strength, flexibility, coordination, balance and to retrain inefficient movement patterns.
Sports Strength Training and Conditioning
Train like a champion. Athletes of all ages and abilities can benefit from Simon’s extensive experience with elite, junior and recreational athletes. He has worked with:
• Numerous World and Olympic Champion athletes
• a Tour De France winner
• Australian Open Tennis, Tennis Australia, world top 100 ranked ATP and WTA professional tennis players
• Albert Park Golf Academy and professional golfers
• Victorian Institute of Sport
• Oakleigh Chargers (TAC under 18) and Sandringham (VFL) Football Clubs,
• Volleyball Victoria
• Nunawading Spectres Basketball Club
• Victorian Bushrangers Cricketers
• Banks and Melbourne Rowing Clubs
Simon has developed a range of cutting edge training techniques to make athletes stronger, faster, jump higher, hit harder, have greater endurance, be more balanced, more flexible, and prevent or rehabilitate injuries.
Improve Health, Restore Movement, and Prevent and Manage Chronic Diseases
Your health is more about good management than good luck. Simon has also used his exercise skills and experience to assist many individuals to improve their health and wellbeing, restore movement and prevent or manage chronic disease. Including:
• Obesity, diabetes (or pre-diabetes), high blood pressure, high cholesterol
• Falls and balance problems
• Depression or anxiety
• Stroke, cardiovascular disease and respiratory conditions
• Neurological conditions such as multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease
• Cancer or regaining fitness, strength and function lost due to illness, injury or inactivity.
• Health education and strategies to overcome barriers to physical activity, improve motivation and develop a healthier lifestyle.
Simon has always loved playing sports and has competed in triathlons, tennis, basketball, football, cricket, volleyball and gymnastics. He currently plays competitive tennis and enjoys road and mountain bike riding with friends. He loves having fun with his three beautiful children and enjoys cooking, camping and spending time with friends and family.