Looking for a Brisbane children’s occupational therapist near you? Allsports Physiotherapy has proudly partnered with OCC Therapy with the aim of being Australia’s leading integrated allied health group. Conveniently located in Chapel Hill, the OCC Therapy team continues to service its local community as well as the neighbouring suburbs of Kenmore, Indooroopilly, Fig Tree Pocket, Chelmer and Graceville.
OCC Therapy is passionate about supporting children to reach their potential, and was founded in 2008 as a school based service before moving into the Kenmore clinic in 2010. We provide paediatric Occupational Therapy assessment, intervention and education to children, families and schools. We have a flexible service provision model, which allows us to adapt to the individual needs of each family. We love creating opportunities for children to shine and maximise their ability to live, learn and play.
Our team strives to provide the highest possible standard of care to all clients, in line with international best practice. Our therapists actively engage in further education and training to ensure excellent technical skills that align with our genuine care for families. We aim to assist families and teachers to understand why a child might not be reaching their potential, and then focus on intervention and practical strategies to facilitate the child’s progress. We believe that all children have the right to feel confident, happy and valued and our goal is to enable children to successfully participate in all that life has to offer.
Some key features of our service include:
- Ongoing liaison with the family, teachers and other members of the team
- A focus on function – we work on the issues impacting upon daily life. We want to ensure that therapy assists your family rather than being time consuming or challenging
- Intervention and assessment at the clinic, your home or school. We believe it is often important to see the child in their natural environment, so that we can address issues in the appropriate context
- Guaranteed 3 week turn around on reports
- Progress letters and reports for families and other members of the team (such as paediatricians and teachers)
- We endeavour to avoid a waiting list, while prioritising families who are already part of the OCC Therapy family